Disclaimer: Proceed only if you do not believe in “Everything is lust and mirage (Sab moh maya hai)”.
We all know how we are born (I know, they forgot to wear the protection), but for a moment let’s think about the “why” part – the meaning of life.
I don’t know if you remember it or not, when you were a kid, elders used to ask “what do you wanna become when you grow up?” and we used to say – Doctor, engineer, lawyer, bus conductor, blah blah. And the answer to the question changed with time. But one thing always remained constant – whatever it is, we just want to be successful. So the interim conclusion is “The goal of life is to be successful”. Success is something that everybody wants in life, but what is success? What are the parameters to measure success?
I have listed few people who are / were extremely successful in their life.
- Bill Gates viz. Money – The Richest person in the world with net worth of 79.2 billion USD (I can’t even imagine what I would have done if I had 79 billion, I wish I had at least the remaining 0.2)
- Vladimir Putin viz. Power – “Forgiveness is between them and God. It’s my job to arrange the meeting.” You don’t get to say something like this on a television unless your name is Vladimir Putin
- Mahatma Gandhi viz. Respect – Father of the nation, India. He has his face on Indian currency (I dream of that every single night)
- Shrikant Jichkar viz. Education – The most qualified person of India (I think I would exceed the word limit if I mention his educational qualification)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger viz. Strength – Won the Mr. Universe title at the age of 20 and went on to win the Mr. Olympia contest seven times
- Lionel Messi viz. Skill – One of the greatest footballer of all time and winner of FIFA world player of the year five times
- Stephen Hawking viz. IQ – Paralyzed and has an IQ level of 160, yet he is the man who helped the humanity to understand the universe.
- Charles Babbage viz. Invention –Father of the computer. Can you even imagine the world without computers? (Boy, we have too many fathers in this list)
- Vasco da Gama viz. Discovery – First European to reach India by sea, linking Europe and Asia for the first time.
- Brad Pitt viz. Sexy wife – Behind every successful man there is a woman
Okay, now, how did you arrive at a conclusion that these men are successful? They never said themselves that they are successful; it was always the others who judged whether they are successful or not. Oh, you think the metrics which I used describe success!
Now I am gonna put my wild card on the table. Consider a common man who was not a billionaire, politician, revolutionary or a genius, was he successful? First thought – Hell No (he did not even wham Angelina Jolie).
But what if I say – the man lived his life to the fullest without any regrets, he cherished his life, he had few loved ones who were always on his side, he had done the right thing to the people who crossed his life, he was healthy and happy doing what he was doing; he did what he always wanted to do. Now, what would you say – was he successful? Think about it.
P.S: I believe, I deserve a Nobel Prize for answering the biggest question of all time! 😛
In case if you are wondering, I was not high when I wrote this 😀 Jai “dev” Gurudev.
INDEX: 01 10